29 October 2011

News & Notes

I've become addicted to Good Morning America.  I'm now officially middle-aged.  Although I think it might have to do with this face:


Eighteen days until I'm on vacation. Only eighteen days!  I'm more excited about not being at work than going to Las Vegas. Although I'm not to the making obsessive packing lists just yet.  I feel that coming on really soon though. I won the Best Packing Award Ever last time because we had an complete change of clothing when we had the emergency layover in Portland.

I am loving, loving, loving our new 4Runner!  This is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned, for sure.  Electric everything, sunroof, all the fun stuff.  It is funny how everyone knows someone who has a 4Runner and/or loves them themselves.  I'm surprised by the love for a vehicle that is 17 years old.

I just finished watching the Joan Rivers documentary.  Even if you are not a fan...or don't even know who she is...watch it.  I cried about halfway through it.  She has been through so much in her life and is only seen as a caricature.  It's heartbreaking.

My mother-in-law gave me a Kohl's giftcard.  I am not a fan of this store.  I am not sure why but it makes me particularly stabby.  I think it's because they proclaim to have such great deals when all they do is take higher priced items and mark them down to a regular price. 

It took me an hour to find anything that I really wanted.  I bought a .5 oz bottle of Escape for our trip, a pair of underwear, and two sparklies:

Kevin likes them but wondered why I didn't buy our last initial.  Sigh.  I hate him (not really) because now I have to go back. (:-D

The Best Buy issue has since been resolved.  The promised giftcard arrived today, I exchanged the incorrect unit, bought the new one, and managed to save some money in the long run. 

Interesting fun fact: half the staff at Car Toys (local car audio shop) used to work at Best Buy.  They told me that their employee discount is up to 50%, depending on the item.  So the 10% discount the manager offered specifically sucks.

I have a staff retreat on Monday morning.  Okay, how many of you groaned?  I know, right?  Who does these things anymore?  We're a staff of five, two of which are new and three of which who don't particularly enjoy each other.  I know, that's the intention of a retreat but a relationship of nearly five years isn't going to be dramatically changed in a three hour retreat.  This isn't Lifetime Television.

If your my friend on the facebook then you've seen this but I'm sharing it here as well because Oh. My. Gah.  Click through, you won't regret it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtawDJtcRg8&feature=player_embedded

1 comment:

Swistle said...

That is EXACTLY my reason for feeling stabby at Kohl's! "Everything is always 40% off!! Which is what other stores call 'full price'!!"