03 May 2016

Current Obsessions

When I last left you, we were talking about living with elderly parents.  I'm here to tell you that it's just more of the same.

They made their trip home just fine then two weeks later, the m-i-l made a trip to the ER with complications from her COPD.  Then a week later, the f-i-l made a trip to the ER with bronchitis, which is most likely related to the mother's illness.

Oh, and when they went to the ER for the f-i-l, they didn't phone their kids.  NICE.

*head*desk*head*desk*

So, happy topics because I Can't Even with them right now.

I am OBSESSED with Hamilton, the Musical.

I know the interwebs has been talking about it a lot.  I am usually deterred when everyone is all "This is the best thing EVER" because I've found that it usually not the best thing ever.  (see: Fifty Shades of Grey and Twilight)

But holy mother of sweet baby jesus.  They are not exaggerating.  It is AH-Mazing.

And I've only just listened to the soundtrack.  I have little hopes of ever seeing the play but I'm hoping that maybe a movie adaptation could happen.  I will never leave the house again if that were to happen.

I was so enthralled that I sat outside and just listened to it. Just sat there.  If you know me, you know that it a miracle in and of itself.  I was so distracted that the neighbors walked by and I didn't hear them.  They threw a stick nearby and I didn't notice.  It was a good thing they weren't serial killers.

If you have Amazon Prime, you can download it for free.  Go Do It Now.  Or I'm sure iTunes has it but it's free on Amazon Prime.

I've found that Instagram is also another of my favorite things.  (Kellwynn93, if you're bored)

I like that it makes me purposefully think of taking a photo. Sometimes it even compels me to go somewhere to take photos, like the local tulip festival or something as simple as just taking a different route home.  I've found this very relaxing and fulfilling, especially because I've turned into a bit of a hermit in my most recent years.

Taking photos has always been a hobby for me.  Usually they linger on my phone or computer.  I have great intentions for them but not the motivation.  This makes me do something with them.

Finally, in relation to the instagram, I have been using the FreePrints app on my phone.  Monthly I can get actual photos from all the ones languishing on my phone.  This has been fantastic now that I have so many photos of Sweet Baby.

So, that's what is happening here.  Hamilton on constant play, avoiding the family, and taking photos.




No comments: