19 January 2006

He Shall have Music Where Ever He Goes

One of the many things I love about my loving husband, the Mad Genius, is that he is always singing.
Some of my favorite moments in our life are of him singing.

Now sometimes, it is just plain annoying and I want to shout, "For the Love of God and all things Holy Stop it!"
Fortunately, most times, it is very endearing.

Let me define singing. He doesn't just sing in the shower. He sings outside, he sings while he's at work, he sings in the car. And part of the fun of it is that you never know what he's going to sing. It could be country, it could be KISS, or it could be a commercial jingle. I can walk outside and he's belting out whatever song is in his head while mowing the lawn, he'll make up the verses to what is happening right that moment. He once adapted Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" to "Sweet Missy Dog" and sung it to our puppy.

My most recent memory of him singing was just the other day. As he left the room, he began to sing to the dog:
"If you're a Puppy and you know it, clap your hands!" How can you not smile at that?

My favorite moment of him singing is when we were first dating. Michael Bolton was all the rage at the time and he had a duet with Linda Ronstadt. The chorus was "Don't know much but I know I love you." Well, at that time in our lives, he was a confirmed bachelor and not so sure he was up for a long-term relationship. But we both knew that we were in love and there was no going back.
But that didn't stop him from singing "Don't know much..but I know.." and then stopping and smiling that little boy smile of his.
How can you not love that guy?

And yes, he has since sung the rest of the song to me, and many more.

No comments: