02 October 2006

How the World has Changed...

Today is a bright shining Pacific Northwest Fall day. While working next to my windows, I happened to notice a noise. I looked up into the sky and flying over were two Black Hawk helicopters.
I went outside on the deck to make sure I'd really seen them. They were flying low, coming in from over the bay...indicating that perhaps they were coming from the local Navy base.

I'm used to Med-Flight helicopters. I always sent a silent thank you/prayer to them when I see them. But these helicopters were disconcerting. Gun turrets were visible. These just make you shiver. We are not in a flight path, I live in an extremely rural area. This is unusual.

As I live near the Canadian Border, I immediately turned the television onto the local channels to see if anything had happened. All I could find was soap operas and talk shows. I called the Mad Genius and he said they were probably just out for a cruise. *eye-rolling*

There was a time where this would have been exciting but now I found myself immediately wondering what had gone wrong in the world now.

How sad is that?

No comments: