31 December 2022

New Year's Meme...the ?!?!?!th Year

 It’s back! The New Year’s Meme!   You could do it too, it’s a fun way to look back on your year. Although no one really wants to look back at these past two three years.  Sigh, Let’s do it anyway.

1. What did you do in 2022 that you’d never done before?

I've been thinking and thinking.  I don't believe there is anything.  Life is Groundhog Day right now


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? 

Yes, I believe I did or at the very least looked each of them in the eye:


My resolutions for 2022:

1.   Just keep going

2.   Advocate for working from home forever for my 22-23 contract (done & path laid for forever)

3.   I got nothing…


My resolutions for 2023:

1.   Painting.  I have to fix everything I missed because I painted while actually going blind

2.   Debt reduction because oof, 2022 was expensive

3.   


3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 

No, we are out of that stage of life, unfortunately


4. Did anyone close to you die? 

Not close to, but people we know. 


5. What countries did you visit? 

Oh Canada


6. What would you like to have in 2023 that you lacked in 2022?

A working government free from the cast of Idiocracy.


7. What dates from 2022 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

March 16th – two year anniversary of the lockdown

October 18th – vision diagnosis part deux

November 7 – Election day


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? 

I got, like, super organized because there has been nothing else to do. 


9. What was your biggest failure?

There has been zero opportunity for any kind of failure this year


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Eye surgeries completed


11. What was the best thing you bought?

Carpet Cleaner!


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Everyone who is vaccinated, boosted, and trying their best to save civilization

(also: everyone in the medical & science field, first responders, front line workers)


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

This will be my answer perhaps for eternity: The entire GOP & its brethren


14. Where did most of your money go?

Oof, new roof, two dog surgeries, two eye surgeries, racecar, new truck.


15. What did you get really excited about?

Seeing our Canadian friends after nearly three years


16. What song will always remind you of 2022?

      Wait in the Truck – Hardy & Lainey Wilson


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder? Gah, I don’t even know.

– thinner or fatter? Same somehow.

– richer or poorer? I can’t think about it. Poorer.


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Writing.  I always wish I spent more time writing


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Doomscrolling


20. How did you spend Christmas? 

Eve –  At home with Kevin.  I made special dinner that I intend to be a tradition

Day –  Next door with the parents, siblings, and Niece’s family


21. Did you fall in love in 2022?

Every day.


22. What was your favorite TV program? 

Schitt’s Creek. I know I’m late to the party but I love it so.

Peaky Blinders


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? 

My hatred for ignorance and those who champion it remains strong


24. What was the best book you read?

 Gentleman in Moscow – Amor Towles  (Recommended by my high school lit teacher)


25. What was your greatest musical discovery? 

AJR

Jelly Roll  

Muscadine Bloodline

(yes, those are real people)


26. What did you want and get?

 Working from home


27. What did you want and not get?

 Gosh, I can’t think of a single thing


28. What was your favorite film of this year?

 I know we watched movies this year but there just weren’t any standouts.


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

54 – nothing really, because there was almost a foot of snow on the ground.

Cake for breakfast, opened an amazing present from B.F.F. and watched Better Off Dead


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

 Democrats keeping the House.


31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2022?

Yoga pants and hoodies, no shoes unless walkies


32. What kept you sane?

Walkies with Lucy


33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Charlotte Clymer  Some of you might say “Um, who?” She’s a journalist/writer that I just love.

Pete Buttegieg and his family


34. What political issue stirred you the most?

 Roe vs. Wade, nearly tying with the insurrection


35. Who did you miss?

 No one that I don't usually miss.


36. Who was the best new person you met?

I met no new people this year


37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2022.

People will continually surprise you


No comments: