23 June 2023

Weekend Update

 Hey, hi, I'm the problem it's me.  

Today was the first day in a month where I felt normal again.  It's been four weeks since my mother-in-law passed.  In some ways, it still feels surreal.  Like my phone is going to ring and she's going to need help with her tablet.  Or my father-in-law will bring us dinner that she made.

Alas, that is not happening.

Two weeks...three now...Kevin and I both got sick.  He brought home a cold from work and was sick first then uncharacteristically, I got it too. My immune system is usually bullet-proof.  Then that triggered the asthma and bronchitis and I spent days on the couch, coughing and looking pitifully at Kevin.

If you're wondering, yes I did test for Covid and negative.  Whew.  Because I thought of that: Wouldn't that just be the thing.  After three years of the pandemic and trying to keep the parents alive, just to get it now.  Luckily though, no.

Then sprinkle in with some good measure, grief and its bestie: depression.  I mean, I should have saw it coming and I didn't. What a rookie. This is usually how it plays out but here we are.  It feels like today the veil has lifted so moving on.

I thought work was going to slow down and it will for another week then it starts back up again.  While I still have my four-day workweek during the summer, they are beginning enrollment early this school year.  Sigh.  Also, I have a Big Meeting on the fifth and I'm curious and anxious about that.  It's contract time and I haven't discussed the work from home thing beyond my Letter of Intent.

Kevin is at his busiest time right now too so he's been working some Saturdays and coming home later.  I was thinking about how to spend the extra cash when we were notified by the County to have our septic system inspected and probably serviced.  That will be $500, please.  To be fair, I took a class so I can do the inspection myself (*retch*) but it's time to have someone professional do it.  So instead of pouting that we can't do something fun with the extra cash, I am going to be relieved that this won't be a financial burden.  Unless something goes wrong, in which I am moving. (kidding/not kidding)

With that, I had an old friend reach out randomly the other day and we're going to get together. No, really, we are.  So that's something to look forward too.  Kevin and I are going to spend time with our friends tomorrow night acting like high schoolers (going cruising!)   My "summer break" starts on Wednesday until the Big Meeting Day.  The summer has finally arrived and it's time to be outside all day every day.  Well, goals.  Not all day.  

So, I hope this finds everyone enjoying the summer, ignoring the absolutely batsh*t crazy news that has been happening, and doing at least one fun thing a day.  



No comments: