22 May 2010

Seventeen Years

Today marks seventeen years since Kev & I were married. Seventeen years. That seems like such a big number.

A bigger number is twenty. In October, we will have been together for twenty years. Twenty. I have reached the stage in my life where my time on earth is equally divided between With Kevin and Not With Kevin.

We're going to dinner, just he and I. Anniversaries are usually no phone or computer evenings so hopefully no interruptions. Might watch a movie, might go to Home Depot. We're just going to go with the flow of things.

We don't do the gift thing on anniversaries usually. Kevin will send flowers if it's a work day. We exchange cards. This years note to me was "Who knew it would be this easy? Thanks for taking care of me the way you do."

I know, right?

I did finish one part of the Great Photo Organization project:



So on behalf of our anniversary, hug the one you love! Time goes by fast, don't let love get away.

3 comments:

Daydream Believer said...

What an awesome note! I hope you guys have an awesome anniversary, and congrats!

creative kerfuffle said...

oh! happy belated anniversary! you celebrate the way we celebrate : ) low key and there's usually a trip to hd or lowes in there. this october it will be 18 years married and ....omg...27 yrs since our first date : )

Not Your Aunt B said...

Aww...great photos & great frame! Happy anniversary (belated)! Hope to have that many years under my belt too. We've known each other for 15 years this past July, married for almost 12.