18 July 2010

First Pass

Last night we took the racecar to Seattle to race. We were doing a shakedown...testing after making changes...and trying a new organization. The shakedown went well and the new organization, well, they sucked.

Because of poor scheduling and some downtime unrelated to the racers we were with, the program we were running was cut short. When I saw Kevin throwing his hands while talking to a track official, I wandered over out of curiosity.

The poor fool made the mistake of talking to me like a girl. *shaking of head* Poor, poor fool.
I wasn't mad. I rarely get mad in that situation. It's more of a challenge. "Oh, you think I'm stupid, do you? Let's just see about that" is what runs through my head usually.

Anyway, that wasn't the point of the story. It was just the way the evening ended.

The best part of the whole thing was Kevin. Being the first pass down the track, he was perhaps a little bit too cautious and let off the throttle. In the long run, it was probably a wise decision because it was going to be inevitable eventually. But let's just say he was premature.

When he got out of the car, the first thing he asked was "Did I let off too soon?" The first thing he asked his brother was "Did I let off too soon?" We all agreed: "You let off too soon." The word ussy-pay made have been used by his bitch of a wife.

Finally, it came down to the tale of the tape. Nephew had it on video. They huddled in the car trailer and watched it, twice. Finally, Kevin hung his head & stepped out of the trailer muttering...

"My vajayjay hurts...."

OMG, he is the funniest guy I know.

All in all, he bested his personal best. There will be no whining.

No comments: