01 July 2010

The Spacebook

My mom is known for saying random things & getting celebrity, etc names wrong. Remember? "that nice Brian Seacourt."

Kevin's favorite is during a family gathering she quietly said "I saw Canadian geese fly by the other day..." There was no preamble, no prologue, no relevancy at all. I will always remember him looking at me like WTF?

On the phone tonight she warned me to be careful on the Spacebook. She'd heard about it on the news.

But my all-time favorite is Little Brother's Christmas List.

Little Brother has atrocious handwriting. Serial killers look at it and shake their heads.

So I was setting my mother and me up for failure when I asked her to tell me what was on his Christmas list. She mentioned the usual stuff: sweaters, tools. Then she pauses...

"I can't read this. He wants an album by someone named....Lionel Skyway? is that a name?"

I desperately trying to figure it out and I got nothing. Finally she starts to spell it "L...Y...N..."

By the "n" I was laughing so hard I could hardly breathe. Got any guess?

Lynrd Skynrd.

1 comment:

Swistle said...

AHA HA HA HA HA!! I'm so impressed you figured that out!