22 April 2011

Let's Go to Vegas

My newest obsession is Paul Carr.   I know, it's difficult to keep up.  There's Andrew Sullivan, Brian Williams, Craig Ferguson.  What can I say? Smart, witty guys are my downfall.  (not to imply that I don't know any smart, witty girls.)

Anyway...so easily distracted.  *Squirrel*

Paul is currently writing a series of articles for the Huffington Post about staying in Vegas for one month, each night in a different hotel.  Can I just admit right now that I freakin' love that idea and really, really want to try it? 33 hotels in 33 days in Vegas sounds like the best idea ever to me.

I enjoy Vegas, I really do. I  don't gamble at all, ever, nor do I drink anymore so it's not the hedonistic part of being in Vegas.  I just love all the glitz, busyness, and randomness of it all.  It's a place that doesn't sleep and encourages sleeping in.  There's a Starbucks in every lobby.  It's usually sunny there. They literally have lions, tigers, and bears oh my.

The allure of Vegas could be that it is the location of some pretty great & memorable moments of my life.  Racing with Kevin & the fam, cheating death on the New York, New York roller coaster, laying on the floor of the Stratosphere & looking down 1,000 feet to the ground below, or having some of the funniest moments in my life with our friends.

Or it could be the wandering spirit that I admire.  I'd love to just take off to points unknown for time unknown to see all that I could see. Perhaps on a smaller scale, though.

Paul's also on the Twitter updating us as he goes along.  He's doing the Vegas experience as authentically as he can.  He has written about getting married by Elvis at the Viva Las Vegas Chapel...yes, I am still considering it...and taught how to properly attend a strip club and what it's like to work as a prostitute in Vegas.  

I just love that he is a wandering spirit. He has no permanent base and as a writer, he doesn't require one. I'd love that.

Vegas baby, who's in?

No comments: