28 April 2011

Perfect for Each Other

I can't believe I forgot to tell you about the psychic friend! Or rather that I bumped into another friend. A friend that happens to be Brad's wife.  Brad who dated the psychic friend way back in the day. 

I told her that I was just going to call them to tell Brad about the psychic friend.  I told her how Brad & the psychic had dated a million years ago for about a minute.  Then I told her that it turned out that she was psychic and wouldn't Brad just find that funny.

I suggested that she could look her up on the internet to show him.

Now Brad is one of the most mischievous people I have ever met.  I'd forgotten that his wife can be just as mischievous. 

*Pause*

This is terribly sad but I have to tell you this in order to make it relevant.  Brad & his wife lost their eight-year-old son in a freak household accident a few years ago.  It was one of the most heartbreaking experiences of my life.  To give you an example of what strong, great people they are, Brad told me when my dad passed that "At least there's someone there to meet him".  They still talk about him and reflect on how great of a kid he was.

*Unpause*

After telling her the story of our old friend discovering that she was psychic and how it was going to make Brad laugh, she grinned.  "I know what I'll do.  I will look her up on the internet and leave it on the laptop.  When Brad comes in I will tell him "I think we should contact her to see if she can talk to Casey" then show him the picture.

I laughed so hard.  Pure, evil, mischievous genius. They're a match made in heaven. (or certainly being watched from heaven)

1 comment:

creative kerfuffle said...

they are a great match. and i am surprised/impressed they can be that way after such a loss. an unimaginable loss.