25 November 2014

Click "Publish"...GAH

Written two weeks ago...

With our trip quickly approaching I have two different To Do lists going.  One has to be completed on the day we leave.  Simple things like close the curtains and the bedroom door.

The second one is stuff that has piled up over the past few months plus regular monthly errands. Special dog food, glasses adjusted from said special dog food eater, and two returns. The other day I bought two shirts, one fit perfectly and the other same style/different color shirt did not. How is that possible? The cashier says it happens all the time.  I also bought a pair of jeans that were a little too big and reached my rib cage. And of course, these returns are from two different stores.

A fun detail is that three of these tasks required going to the mall.  No one goes to the mall anymore, do they?  Unless it's something like Christmas or back-to-school shopping.  I was tempted to browse but I didn't have quite enough time.  I think I need to go back.  I can't remember the last time I walked through it.  It could possibly be more than two years ago.  I'm sure it looks the same but maybe there is a surprise there.

Instead I had a button sewn back on a pair of cords and a squeak investigated in a pair of dress shoes.   The button was Free! and the shoe repair was $5.00.  You have to love that.  With my refunds from the returns I paid for the shoes and groceries and an iced mocha.  That, my friend, is a good day.




1 comment:

Swistle said...

I buy lots of the same shirt in the same size from Old Navy, and they DO vary! It can be so frustrating! One is, like, two full inches shorter than the others. Some fit snugger in the shoulders than others. Some cling more overall.