15 November 2014

Don't Prompt Me

One of the NaNoBloMo post suggestions was "Write about a skill you possess that someone else might not have".  As I am complete rubbish at anything domestic, I was skeptical of this topic and ignored it.

Then I realized that I used to be a licensed pyrotechnician and I could write about that.  But the nuts and bolts of it are actually kind of boring and I've written about it before. So,  a synopsis: it's hard, dangerous work for little pay but the crowd noise makes it worth it.  I still miss doing it and would do it again in a heartbeat but I was outvoted. (Stupid democracy) 

The other topic would be the racecar but that is all kinds of boy talk that most people think is boring. Something surprising about it is I've learned a lot about physics and geometry over the years.  This is the Universe's joke on me after all my complaints about those topics while in school.

The other thing I could think of is this, the writing.  Explaining something like this is difficult as it's a personal and individual thing.  It's like explaining how one breathes, you just do it.  I guess I could best explain it as I try to write like I talk.  Thus explaining the run-on sentences, random punctuation, spaces, and capitalizations.

The nonconformist in me hates writing prompts a little bit.  I Write What I Want!  It's like having a writing assignment in school sometimes.  Once we were instructed to journal once a week for the entire quarter.  This was before this sort of thing was cool and normal.  To be honest, I forgot all about it. (I know, you're surprised.)   So when the teacher reminded us that it was due in a few days, I had to figure something out quickly.
So, I wrote an essay on why I didn't journal.  Totally got an "A".

Yeah, not much has changed with me.





No comments: