29 April 2008

It ain't easy being green...

or is it?

Fred Meyer grocery stores (Kroger in some areas) are giving away the mesh grocery bags if you spend a certain amount this month. (commerce & environmentalism collide in a strange, satisfying way)

I have been intending for a YEAR to buy those bags. I am filled with guilt when I see how many plastic bags I bring home each Saturday. I try to remember to recycle them but c'mon you've met me (sorta) I have the attention span of a small child.

So it was with relief when the cashier gave me three bags! I've left them in the truck, with the theory I'll remember to take them inside.

There's really no excuse not to use these bags. They're CHEAP, under a dollar unless you want the decorated ones. (which I do, contributing to the said procrastination)

The other green thing we did that was fairly painless was when we bought this house. We took all the incandescent bulbs out and put in fluorescents. Ta dah! Happier environment, happier electricity bill!

We're on a well and sewer system so we recycle that way....ew factor, sorry about that.

We recycle our newspapers, magazines and plastics. Gold star = Us.

It's quite simple actually being green. Just a little green. Al Gore isn't going to come knock on the door and congratulate me but that's okay.

C'mon, all the cool kids are doing it.

No comments: