24 September 2008

The Dad Thing

My dad was having what was supposed to be his last chemo treatment two weeks ago. Finally, the doctors admitted him to the hospital for the duration of the treatment because it never goes well. Yes, that seems like an obvious statement but seriously: it never goes well.

Imagine the most difficult person in your life.

Put them on chemo.

Yeah.

Fun.

I checked in after this last round, after he got home.

"How'd it go? Was it okay being in the hospital?"

"It was like a VACATION!" he says. Oh, okay...I think...

Then he tells me:

"I went to the grocery store today and stocked up. You know what I got, that it turns out I can't eat but your mother's eating in front of me?"

"No, Dad, what?"

"Jalapeno Chips."

Seriously.

2 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

Send him the sweater. Maybe he'll like it. Ha!

Firegirl said...

Okay, now That's funny!