15 February 2016

Too Many Things to Do. Oh, the Internet is Calling!

I am having one of those If You Give A Mouse A Cookie mornings.  It's President's Day so I have the day off and I have things to do that I specifically planned for today.  And then I fell asleep on the couch. 

It's pouring rain outside so a certain furry creature can't go outside for too long, even though she would love for me to hold open the door endlessly so she can consider her choices.  Like a desperate parent, I just gave her a bone hoping that it would entertain her.  She is currently under my leg stealing paper out of the wastepaper basket. 

I left cleaning the floor to be done today because it really is pointless to do it on Saturday, just to have a cute boy and his dog go across it eleventy hundred times.  It's one of my least favorite chores though so I'm ignoring it.

Here is a photo of my office in it's current state:

You can't see the cereal I haven't eaten yet.  Or the imaginary coffee I'm thinking about going to get as "motivation".  You can see the stack of photo albums, I've added five since Saturday because me = glutton for punishment.  There's also a dinosaur laptop that I like to write with but has about .05% memory left.  And my newish laptop that of course needed to update this morning.  My new headphones that I want to test out today.  My dead tablet that I have to decide what I'm going to do with because I bought a new one. 

You also can't see my computer glasses which are all the way in the other room but the dog has decided to sleep next to me now.  If I move, she'll wake and want entertaining again.  But this has me squinting and hunching over, which is not a good look nor comfortable.



To add insult to injury, I know I'm forgetting something. This makes a tiny squeaky noise in my brain but not loud enough to tell me WTH I'm forgetting.  So, that's nice.

My phone just alerted me that the lovely Swistle has posted, which means I will go read what she is up to.  As it's titled Frustrating Morning, I'm going to guess we're having similar mornings.  And, this reminds me I didn't comment the other day like I intended so I need to do that.  Maybe that's the squeaky noise.

The main project today is scanning and printing photo copies for my cousins.  My mom pulled a Kevin's Mom and brought out four more albums, three of which are from my grandparents that I've never seen before.  So, TREASURE! but also, More Work!

I also promised my mom to work on the Ancestry project today.  I think I am going to go get coffee. Besides, she's awake now:



1 comment:

Swistle said...

CUTE PUPPY! I want to pet her.