04 January 2019

It's Been One Week...

Today is January 2 and I've accomplished very little.  (it's not now but it was when I started)

There hasn't been a consistent schedule in this house since December 19th and I can *feel* it.  Even Kevin complained a little yesterday about feeling a little off.  We are a Need Structure pair.

There is a To - Do list on my phone for these last three weekdays of Winter Break.  Some of them are easy, like set a doctor appointment, and some are difficult, like paint the laundry room.  I've accomplished not one single thing and it's after 1:00 p.m.

This kind of procrastination isn't unusual for me.  Although, I am taking today as more of a mental health day than a lazy day.  And I completely understand that I will be frustrated with myself tomorrow or Friday for squandering this time.  But this is the first day that I've been alone in four days and I can feel it.

I will gladly admit that our Christmas Tree is still up and decorated.  Kevin would like to have it down the day after Christmas but I usually wait until closer to the New Year.  This is the latest it has been up, for sure.

It's still smells really good, it's not dropping needles, and it still makes me happy to look at it.  I told Kevin that I'm going to add a day each time he asks if it's still up.  He just asked so I get to wait until tomorrow.  Because I am a mature adult.

January 3rd...Today is Niece and Nephew's 10th anniversary and yesterday was Nephew's 34th birthday.  We are not talking about how big those numbers are and the correlation with a birthday I had last month.  Nope, we are not.

I relented and took down the tree.  What's funny to me, although he probably wouldn't admit it, is that Kevin didn't ask about the tree yesterday.  Technically, I won.

Every year for elebenty years, I forget what a process that is.  And sad.  It actually makes me sad.  Like Phoebe on Friends, I apologized to the tree and thanked it for being such a beautiful tree.  Yes, I'm crazy and probably been home a little too long.

So, that took most of the afternoon.  Because it's not just removing ornaments and you're done.  It's vacuuming and dusting and putting furniture back and Monica's closet to contend with.

Pro tip for the post holidays blues:  small white string lights.  I've left a few sets out with regular house stuff to ward off the darkness, both physical and metaphysical.

Now it is January 4th...  I did not have the aforementioned frustration with myself but I will say that I need a nap.

I stacked all my errands for today.  Groceries, Goodwill, car wash, donating magazines, post office, stuff.  Then of course Kevin invited me to lunch and needed something picked up.  I'm not complaining that my husband wanted to go to lunch, I'm complaining that it is a half an hour south of where I was and opposite of home.

But I'm home now and all I have left on my list is painting the laundry room.  It's 3:15 so I'm going to go with a hard No on that one.  Plus it's Friday, one doesn't start painting on a Friday. That is silly talk right there.

If you got the Bare Naked Ladies reference from the title, *fist bump*

No comments: