31 December 2018

Annual New Year's Meme!

It’s tradition! The New Years Meme!

1. What did you do in 2018 that you’d never done before?
 Meditate!  Definitely recommended and something I hope to sustain

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


I didn’t really set any last year so that’s a Yes!

3. My resolutions for 2019:
        Continuing to paint the interior of the house
        Consider getting a new refrigerator & stove
        Write more.  This is a rerun, and will always be

4. Did anyone close to you give birth?


Nope, no new babies this year. 

5. Did anyone close to you die?


Yes, and it was awful.  I believe things come in three’s and the
third hasn’t occurred yet.

6. What countries did you visit?


"Oh Canada, our home and native land.."
(This is not my favorite question...Let's try: What trips did you take?  We’ve had some epic roadtrips )

7. What would you like to have in 2019 that you lacked in 2018?
A new government

8. What dates from 2018 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February: we stayed the night at Semiahmoo and it was perfection.
July: Our first race this year and it was just Kevin and I.  It was the most fun we have had in years.
December: my birthday was another road trip that I loved


9. What was your biggest achievement of the year?


        Successfully completing and disentangling myself from the  
freelance situation

10. What was your biggest failure?
        Not remaining hopeful. This year has been so dark and society
seems to keep digging below the bottom

11. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not this year!  I'm on a three-year spree!  Go, me!

12. What was the best thing you bought?
        My new bike!  We bought bikes to ride when we’re racing and I
love it, even though I’m a little ridiculous on it.

13. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Anyone who has made it through this no good, awful, terrible, very bad year.  And the Blue Wave

14. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?


He Who Shan't Be Named and the people who support him.

15. Where did most of your money go?
        Racecar, mochas, books, bills

16. What did you get really excited about?
Good thing: going racing.                                                        Bad thing: governmental indictments & investigations.

17. What song will always remind you of 2018?
        In Case You Didn’t Know – Brett Young
        Almost 30 years in and there are still love songs.

18. Compared to this time last year, are you:
~ happier or sadder? Moderately happier
~ thinner or fatter? Same-ish
~ richer or poorer? Better than last year

19. What do you wish you’d done more of?


Read...I look at my bookshelf and want to read everything right now.

20. What do you wish you’d done less of?


        Despair at the current state of affairs

21. How did you spend Christmas?


Eve - at my parents with an excited five-year-old who still ovesthe joy of Tag! with Unca Kevin
Day - Next door, immersed in children's excitement and food

22. Did you fall in love in 2018?
Every day.

23. What was your favorite TV program?


       New: The Bold Type & Grownish, Old: The West Wing

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?


"No. I'm not a hater. It's a waste of time" is my standard answer but this year He Who Shan't Be Named is SO on the list.

25. What was the best book you read?
         Looking at my bookshelves...umm, well.  There wasn't really a                     favorite this year

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
        The Greatest Showman soundtrack

27. What did you want and get?
          Time with Kevin

28. What did you want and not get?
           I'm pleased to say that I can't think of anything other than the                    obvious: puppy, books, mocha, chocolate

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
100 Foot Journey and The Greatest Showman

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 50!
We went on a road trip to Friday Harbor, which isn’t something normal humans do in December and it was glorious.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A functioning government and not the constant feeling of needing to flee to Canada

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2018?
I'm going to quote an old coworker "I'd like to get as close as possible to wearing pajamas to work yet still look appropriately dressed."

33. What kept you sane?


 Kevin. Lucy. Mochas. Television.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Lin Manuel Miranda (see: Good Morning/Good Night)

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
the whole gawdamned gawdawful thing.

36. Who did you miss?
My former co-workers.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
        I don't know that I met anyone new, really...

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2018:
        Expect the Unexpected








1 comment:

Ernie said...

I wish I read more too. I prefer a relaxing trip this year vs going to Scotland for Irish dancing championships. I look back at that trip with bad food, a missed flight, and a horrible rash and I wonder how I survived. As usual my goals include to write more. Happily I had no health issues. I am reading this a little late, but thanks for sharing!