27 March 2019

A Day of Memes

In case you're wondering what is happening in Surely's world, here is the perfect example of how life is going:

I chose not to get gas yesterday on the way home for no other reason that I can't want to.  Which made me think of this meme:

Image result for i'll get gas in the morning meme

This morning I struggled to get ready for work because reasons so I wasn't exactly on time, even for my late start time. (my schedule flexes, thank baby jesus)

I discovered as I was leaving that it froze overnight.  It is April in five days for the love of dawg.  So I had to wait while it defrosted. I hate leather seats, in case you were wondering.

Then the fuel monitor light came on because I continually make good choices.  Okay, fine. Whatever Universe, I'd like to say Lesson Learned but it's not good to lie.

The gas station is less than two miles from my house so no problem.  And I'll get a coffee from there at the same time and not stop at my usual place.  I'm actually saving time now.

Which made me think of this meme:

Image result for having a coffee when you're late

This was great right up until the gas station is closed.  CLOSED.  Good Morning Karma, how are you today?

The next gas station is 2.5 miles away.  Now I'm doing math and science, trying to figure out MPG and distance.  But really, I have no choice but to make a run for it.  Worse case I run out and my father-in-law will rescue me and I'll have to endure forever the mocking from my husband.

Which made me think of this meme that I just posted to my niece who is struggling a little bit right now:

Image may contain: text


I made it just fine and of course there is a coffee stand at this gas station also because Beautiful Pacific Northwest.  This stand is one I actually prefer but it's a little out of the way on a regular work day.  So I consider this a check in the win column.

I got out, prepared to pump gas, when I noticed a bright red sign.  (not at all observant in the mornings) "Card Reader Broken, Go into the Store to Pay"

Sonofabiscuiteatingdog.  I'm so not going into the store.  There are people there. 

Luckily...although nothing is feeling lucky right now...the pump next to it is in working order and open.  I flipped around and pumped my gas.  This has now reached comical proportions.

Next was the aforementioned coffee.  You have not experienced life until the barista knows your order and you just have to hand them your card. 

Or just coffee and chaos


Off to work I go, for reals.  I realized about one mile into the 60 mph zone that I'm still doing 70.  I was coming up to an on-ramp so I glanced for Mr. Friendly Patrolman.  There was not one, even though I fully expected one this particular morning. But there was a former boyfriend's work truck beginning to merge onto the freeway.  Because the Universe has a sense of humor.

Now I'm finally at work and it has been a goat rodeo all morning. My coffee is still half-full and that's just a crying shame right there.

And that, my friends, is how life is in Surely World right now.