03 November 2022

Every Light In The House Is On

 Right now every light in the house is on.  (that's an old country song)  I slept in this morning and now I'm stuck in If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. Thus all the lights on.  (Kevin is outside otherwise he'd be having none of this)

What had happened was...

Lucy was sick in the middle of the night, multiple times.  Kevin took her out three time and let me sleep and I took her out twice and let him sleep.  We think she ate the in-laws "organic" dog food. (I have the quotes because I believe they saw it on television and that's why they bought it. It's refrigerated but they mix it with cheap canned and then let it sit out for the dog to "eat when she wants"...that was a longer explanation than I intended)

Well, I got up to go take a shower, Lucy was nosing around the bed. I peeked under the bed skirt and she had gotten sick just under the bed.   Kevin offered to help clean it and I wish I'd let him but he's not as thorough as I am. Or OCD but whatever, I'm doing it.

I've now showered, eaten, tidied the house, restarted a load of laundry, cleaned Rose the Robot, and have wandered back to my office to answer the Best Question from my BFF.  

I still have to deal with the dog sick, I have to dry my hair but I want to leave it wet and out of my face while I clean the dog sick. Yes, there is such a thing as hair ties, I know.  I went to get a rag for cleaning and found myself refilling bathroom supplies.  Then I remembered that I wanted to wash Lucy's blankets in my office and here I am...at the computer.  Like you do.

My hair is almost dry.  I don't have the rag yet. Lucy's blankets remain on her pillow.  The dog sick is still there but a few more minutes isn't going to change anything.  I will use my new shiny carpet cleaner.

Kevin came in to get something.  Stopped mid-sentence, cocked his head and listened then asked "What in the hell is that?"  

"Eminem"

He shook his head

"So...you'd like me to turn it up?"

He went back outside.

Despite the above, Lucy has been mostly back to normal.  She tires easily and she still occasionally fusses her bum but mostly we're through this.  She has the occasional poo issue but that will fully resolve. So thank you sweet tiny 8 lb 6 oz baby jesus for that little tour through hell to be finished.

I just realized I don't know where my phone is.  This is the second time I've lost it today in this house.  The first time it was buried in the blankets from taking out Lucy at 3:30 this morning.  I suspect that it is in approximately the same location again because mixed in with all the above, I also thought it was a good time to strip the bed.

The dryer just dinged. I still have to mop the floors, and then help Kevin.  My hair is now dry and no, I haven't dealt with the dog sick.  

It's now a full two weeks later and not much else has changed.  EXCEPT Lucy is 98%.  I don't know that we'll achieve a full 100 percent because she is, after all that, still ten years old.  No more poo accidents so that is a win that was feeling like would never happen.

Today's adventures included walkies in the rain, two trips into town, helping the in-laws with their insurance, and the ever present work.  My hair is still damp but that's because once it began raining here in the PNW, it has not stopped.

And still, every light in the house is on.  

1 comment:

Swistle said...

I am so glad the puppy is on the upswing!! What a relief.

Here is my FREQUENT LOOP: I'll be, for example, at my computer, and I'll see something where I need to check something on the kitchen calendar; I'm on my way to the kitchen, so I'll bring my mug to get more coffee; I'll get the coffee into the microwave, and start loading dishes into the dishwasher; then I wash my hands and notice the dishtowel could use freshening, so I put that into the washer and get a new dishtowel; then I get my coffee and go back to my computer---and GAH, I never checked that date on the calendar!!