18 September 2008

Adventures in Iceland

This morning's adventure was going to the chiropractor then to Kevin's work and then to work. The chiropractor is 20 minutes south of my home and Kevin's work is twenty minutes past THAT. Then I had to go to work which is twenty minutes NORTH of my HOME. Yeah, I pretty much toured the upper corner of Washington State today. Fun.

So, I went to the chiropractor, then the store to buy an ice pack because I forgot mine at home. Well done me. I bought one, got back into the truck, and opened the box.

Now, I had in mind the kind of ice pack that you bust in half and it activates. But no, this isn't the type that I bought. Of course not.

This ice pack's instructions stated "Find the gel bag in the center of the bag, squeeze to rupture and then shake the contents around to mix thoroughly." Seems simple enough.

I felt around and felt around for the gel bag and can't find it. It doesn't appear to be in the center.

WTH. So I shake the bag, to no avail.

I read the directions, again. Nothing.

Finally, I look at the picture example again and realize with a little bit of sadistic glee that the motion needed to burst the gel bag is a strangling one.
Ah ha! At this point, I am frustrated enough to look forward to this.

I strangle the bag. Nothing. *Insert a flurry of curse words here*

I strangle it again.

*BANG*

It was so loud that I actually closed my eyes in response. Then I had a moment of panic as I realize that it probably burst all over the cab and me. My first thought: chemical burn. My second thought: Oh, I'm never going to live this down.

I opened my eyes in relief to find that it hadn't. Whew.

But then nearly screamed & threw it as the &**$#$ing thing turned ice cold. (you know, the whole intention of the product)


And that's how I spent my morning: nearly thwarted by an ice pack.

No comments: