20 February 2009

Glue


This was a flair from Facebook during the week of Valentines Day. In the spirit of the six word love stories, I felt this summed up my life.

Blogher asked everyone to write a "Letter to my Heart" post. I seriously considered it but didn't follow through. Big surprise. But I just couldn't wrap my head around the idea.

Then this flair popped up and I thought: "That's it. That's exactly how I would write that letter.

First marriage ended badly...pass me the glue.
Serious relationship didn't survive...just pass me the glue again.
Lost friends to time or circumstance...just pass me the glue again.
Loved ones die unexpectedly...just pass me the glue again.
Family, children & spouses unintentionally break our hearts often...just pass me the glue again.

To paraphrase a quote from the movie Almost Famous: "We are intrepid" especially in matters of the heart. No matter what, we pick ourselves up again and again. Brush ourselves off. We love again. No matter what happens, who leaves, or who hurts; we remain faithful, fearless, determined that we will love. Again. Still. Forever.

No comments: