04 February 2009

Update!!

I realized this afternoon that there were still a few untied loose ends out there in blog world so I will do a quick update...

The Mom Thing....she's home again. She got home in time to watch the Super Bowl.

She mentioned that the nurses nor doctors were impressed with Dad going to play pinochle. I replied that "It was an interesting choice that most people wouldn't have made..." and she said:
"It's better than having him here, bugging everyone and telling all of his horror stories. It's MY Turn." Um, okay, WOW. So, it turns out that Mom was enjoying her little respite in the hospital!


The Dad Thing...
As previously mentioned, he still has cancer. He's in between chemo rounds right now and it looks as if they're just doing it to keep it at bay. For those of you wondering, he has tumors on his liver and spots on his lungs. He's made it further than any of us would have predicted.


Food Thing:
When I had to change all of the email subscriptions I have accumulated, I signed up for a two more...both of which are recipe/cooky kind of things. Strangely, two recipes for chicken breast popped up in my email yesterday that I might try. Who knew!?!?! (:-D
Also, Kevin is still eating a good breakfast every morning so that's all good.


DISH Networks feud vs. KOMO TV...
Right before my birthday, in December, DISH stopped transmitting the ABC affiliate and hasn't made any motion toward resolving the problem and refuses to allow us the Denver affiliate. So I signed up for DIRECT TV, which is here right the very second. Now, I can get caught up on LOST, Brothers & Sisters, Private Practice, etc. etc. And watch my fave local news as the other three channels, frankly, just aren't that good.
Oh, and continuing with the joining the current century, we now have a DVR so I can stop worrying about VHS tapes.


Shooting in Alger
The shooter Isaac Zamora was involuntarily commited to the state mental health hospital for evaluation. He has refused any sort of help and appears to be irretrievably mentally ill. He said he killed the six people for God. There was a small kerfuffle about how long to keep the memorials up...some people thought forever to that we would never forget and some people thought temporarily so that everyone could heal.
The memorials came down, eventually.



Getting Pulled Over Thing...this is the best one & what made me think of an update:
The head of the Public Works suddenly resigned with no warning, citing personal reasons. It looks like that was who pulled me over. From the description I got from his STAFF. (I could be a private detective, really) I haven't heard from the Sheriff's department but everything matches up a little too coincidentally. So, that's a good thing. I can relax now.


So there! Everything tidied up in a neat little package! Whew!

1 comment:

Not Your Aunt B said...

That's interesting about the resignation. Very suspicious. And glad your mom is home.