16 July 2006

Allo!

Hello dear ones. It's me, I've returned once again.

I've just finished my busiest week of the year. If you've met me, you know I've just finished a week of blowing sh*t up. If you've not, then well, you've got to keep reading.

All is well, everyone still has all of their fingers and heads. No injuries, as per usual.

I've realized however, that we've gotten entirely too comfortable doing this dangerous job. In fact, we discussed it while getting ready before a show. A person becomes numb to the fact that we're not only handling high explosives, we're LIGHTING them. On purpose. And enjoying it.

There are three reasons that I can immediately state that we're entirely too comfortable lighting explosives:
#1. Someone sneezed during the show and we all said "Bless You."
#2. We are singing and/or dancing to the music that is set to the fireworks.
#3. There is inappropriate conversation...nee' flirting...that is occuring. "Excuse me while I touch your ass, but you're on fire" was actually said during the last show.

While I do miss actually watching a fireworks show, I remind myself that I get to watch from the best seat in the house. There is nothing better than looking straight up and watching shots burst right above my head. AND knowing that it is me, my family, and friends that are making it happen.

The fact that there are 10,000 people cheering isn't a bad gig either. (:-D

So, next time you watch fireworks, think of me. There are people that literally risk life & limb to do this job. Give them an extra cheer.

No comments: