04 March 2012

News & Notes

Well, hi.

I nearly forgot to come back here, didn't I?

Work has been the usual human circus that it usually is.  It's starting to set into a pattern though so that's nice.

I finished a project on Friday in just over two, uninterrupted hours.  Amazing as interruptions are the very definition of my day.  Co-workers are the worst offenders while the clients and the phone are the second/third.  They get a pass though, you know, those at-risk people.

To thwart co-workers, I finally made a sign that simply states "Not Now".  To offset any snarkiness, I used a pretty cursive font and added butterflies.  Ha!

I broke my rule about working from home today.  I had two things that have been hanging over my head for a while that I finally just decided to tackle today while I am in the comfort of my own home and not in the need for a sign.

I am surprisingly ungrumpy about this and am looking forward to the symbolism of scratching those two items off my to-do-list tomorrow.

What else................

The kids (grown nephew and fiancee) have taken on managership of a coffee shop in North Seattle (a little over an hour away)  They are working well together so far so we're keeping our fingers crossed.  It is an opportunity that can either go remarkably well or horribly awry.

It's an interesting little shop: http://www.facebook.com/thecoffeedrop or http://coffeedropcafe.com/

This will eventually mean that the kids will move away but we're not talking about that. At all.

My books are beginning to pile up again, unread.  I can't remember the last time I just kicked back and read here at the house.  I haven't had my snow days like usual.  This means that it could be not since September.  That is not okay.

Kevin's mom is stable.  She doesn't do much these days and the father-in-law continues to be the best nurse ever.  We're all settling down into the new routine and not jumping every time the phone rings.

Our race series doesn't start until July this year.  I don't know if I'm disappointed or relieved to have some of the summer off.  I'm sure that we'll go to the track before then but we don't compete until July.

What will we do with that time, I wonder?  Kevin has talked about painting the garage and finishing some landscaping projects.  I know that we have to paint at least the main bathroom and the laundry room.

I have on my new Ambitious 2012 To Do List to paint at least one room not white.  I'm back to scouting all the house magazines for the "perfect" color.  The laundry room doesn't have windows so it has to be a bright color. 

I'm most concerned with the wall Missy scrubs against while going in and out the door.  Kevin suggested diamond plate and I tell you what, I momentarily considered it.


Okay, it's after 9:00 and Kevin is snoozing in his chair.  Time to go to bed.

Have a great week, poppets!!


No comments: