03 January 2014

End of the Year Recap

It’s back! The New Years Meme!   I still think it’s a fun way to look back on the year.

1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Massage therapy.  I'm still undecided about it.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


Yes, I believe I did or at the very least looked each of them in the eye:

My resolutions for 2013:
1. Continue cooking more.
2. Continue to simplify, in every way.
3. Try to remember not to enter into melodrama of any kind. I believe Swistle referred to it as jackassery.

My resolutions for 2014:
1. Replace three major appliances. This is a resolution & not task because I keep putting it off.
2. Write Daily...be it an email, a tweet, a post, something.  Facebook & to-do lists don't count
3. Deal with the three million obsolete cd's that we have, which means learning to convert them. (see #1)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?


Yes, my niece! Welcome to the world Baby Freddie!  (named after my dad & brother)

4. Did anyone close to you die?


No, death didn’t visit us this year.

5. What countries did you visit?


"Oh Canada, our home and native land.."

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Healthy Family Members 

7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Whatever date The Nephew had his last surgery

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?


Keeping myself on a more relaxed schedule.  I never thought I could make it happen.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not writing.  There just wasn't the motivation to do it. 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No! A resounding No!

11. What was the best thing you bought?


Plane tickets

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The Nephew. 

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?


The media. I'm over the melodramatics.

14. Where did most of your money go?


Same as every year: Bills, Racecar, Vegas trip. Books. Amazon. Mochas!

15. What did you get really excited about?
Officially not working full-time

16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Soft Kitty...singing it to my grown-ass-man of a nephew in the hospital

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder? Happier, in the grand scheme of things.
– thinner or fatter? Same somehow.
– richer or poorer? About the same

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?


Being outside.  This is unusual for me.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?


Hang out in hospitals.  Eat out.

20. How did you spend Christmas?


Eve - at my parents with baby Freddie & Young Niece's boyfriend as new additions
Day - Next door, immersed in children's excitement and food

21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Every day.

22. What was your favorite TV program?


I always have a difficult time choosing favorites. Castle, Big Bang Theory, Parenthood, Scandal, Long Island Medium, Project Runway. Greys Anatomy

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?


No. I'm not a hater. It's a waste of time

24. What was the best book you read?
I'm not sure...Whiskey Beach or The Witness by Nora Roberts

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Lorde

26. What did you want and get?
Time.

27. What did you want and not get?
A CPSA championship (same as last year)

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Just watched it: Beautiful Creatures.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
45 and I had lunch with Kevin, went Christmas shopping with my mom (!?!?!) and had take-out Italian dinner with Kevin. The next day was a snow day and then the weekend so it was kind of a birthday week.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
The health & well-being of family members

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Hoodies. New sneakers.  Purple.

32. What kept you sane?


Mochas. Kevin. Television.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Good Morning America, still.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?


Legalization of gay marriage. I'm loving watch the number of states increase.

35. Who did you miss?


Nope.

36. Who was the best new person you met?


Mandy, fellow drag racer.  She's a bad ass.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.


It sounds contrived and worn but value your family. Even when they make you batsh*t crazy

1 comment:

Swistle said...

I love "at the very least looked each of them in the eye."