12 April 2022

April Fools Month...Week Two

 So...I had a bloody nose today.  That's just...neat.   

I was on the phone with Kevin and felt a gush.  I sniffled and grabbed a tissue but it wasn't to be stopped that easily.  Now I'm juggling the phone, a bloody nose, and tissues while trying to get to the sink without dripping blood everywhere.  While I'm not prone to bloody noses, they're also not unusual so not to worry.  I'm sure it's weather related.

Currently Islands in the Stream is playing and I cannot fully convey my dislike of this song.  It played every hour on every channel on the radio when it was new PLUS performed on television AND it was sung in choir when I was in high school.

Because I am stuck in what we call Radio Hell.  No matter the channel I try, the music is just Meh.  Right now it's on The Blend, which is soft rock from the 70's to 90's.  I go from "Oh, I had forgotten that like this song" to "Am I roller-skating in the 70's right now?"

*Now I'm really going to show my age.  They're playing the break-up song from Family Ties.  I don't care that it's been almost 40 years...whew, that song gut punches*

Kevin just let me know that Sunday is Easter and that we're apparently having the parents over for dinner. ("apparently" = because it wasn't our idea) There are so many issues with this, I can't even.  Mostly: I don't think my m-i-l can make it over here anymore, even with a walker.  Followed up with: Kevin had plans all weekend.

And I'm not getting started on, but will acknowledge, that the family is being split up for a holiday. Again.

I made cupcakes this morning because I thought that might help this ennui.  Chocolate with chocolate frosting. I overfilled the muffin tins and now I have chocolate muffins, kind of.  They're crunchy on top. Because of course they are.

Kevin ordered something from the amazon and it was delivered next to the garage door.  I have to make a sign that says "THIS IS NOT A HOUSE."  It's not even attached to our house!

The other package was "undeliverable" and is at the post office. The post office that is in my old work city, opposite of where I need to go tomorrow.  It is the size of a stack of quarters so I'm not understanding why it's undeliverable  AND it's the same as the other package, just from a different seller.  Now I am waiting for the UPS guy whom we love. But the way the day has gone, it will be a substitute driver.  (update: it totally was)  More to the point of UPS specifically, I can't put on my headphones because then I won't hear them.

What else...Oh, one of the advocates who is usually steady and capable pulled some nonsense today so that was weird.  I emailed job partner about it and they didn't respond until I was done for the day AND I had already responded AND they wanted to escalate it. I had already gone through all the emotions and had just moved on. But now I have to go back and adult.

*Now it's Elton John and Kiki Dee....where are my roller skates?*


No comments: