06 October 2024

Whimsy

 You know a development that I've enjoyed now that I'm older?  WHIMSY

I credit the interwebs for this as we discover that it's National Dog Day or Daughter Day when we log into social media.  For all its awfulness, it has also created whimsy.

I like that in this current timeline there are such things as:

Fat Bear Week.  If you don't know about this, let me share:  Each year the Katmai National Park in Alaska has a contest to guess/vote for the fattest bear.  That's all.  Simple. Pure.  You vote online HERE  Then you can watch the progress narrow down like a March Madness bracket.

Pi Day (March 14th) or 

Star Wars Day (May 4th) or 

The day Marty and Doc visited in the future (October 21st) or 

Ferris Bueller took the day off. (June 5th)

The Best Day of the Year is April 25th

Yesterday was Mean Girls Day  and on Wednesdays, We Wear Pink.

Maybe it's because I'm a nerd that I know of these dates. I hope not.  

I hope that everyone takes a moment to have a piece of pie on March 14th or take the day off from responsibilities on June 5th

Every Day is International Dog Day



No comments: