For the first time ever - ever, in 35 years - we just had pizza delivered to our door.
What had happened was this is the first game of the season for the Seahawks and it's a weeknight game. The house policy (that I made up) is that if it's Monday or Thursday Night Football, we have pizza for dinner. Usually I just get a take and bake then I don't have to worry about keeping it warm.
But today I really didn't want to drive all the way into town. Then I realized that with modern-day technology, I could probably have pizza DELIVERED. And the skies shone and the birds sang.
Because it's the first time I did it, the fee was waived and I had an online code so it was almost the same as if we had picked it up ourselves. And by the time we evaluate my time and gas, now I'm saving money. Also, I'll go deactivate the account tomorrow. Otherwise, this could be a problem, lol.
The delivery driver was a guy, not a young man. He was in a Seahawks jersey and said everyone has been ordering tonight. I explained that this is the first pizza delivery ever to this house, he was surprised and excited for me. (and he was very handsome, btw. All the winning today)
When we moved up here way back in the 1900's, that was the one thing that really bothered me about living so rurally: no pizza delivery. Now I felt just as excited as I did when I lived in my own apartment and waited for the delivery car; which was a Ford Pinto back then. Classic small town.
GO HAWKS!
No comments:
Post a Comment