21 September 2009

Did you cut your hair?

What I have just recently noticed is how much stress had altered my vision. I've had a few realizations/discoveries...I can see again.

When did my windows get so dirty?
I can't remember the last time I filed.
I've noticed changes that have occurred over the past year that I just hadn't seen.
I can't remember the last time I shopped for the sake of shopping vs. basic needs.
Why can't I get through the stack of magazines next to my chair?
Good God I am sick of eating in restaurants!
People have aged, children have grown, life has moved on.

At first I thought it was because I'd finally gotten new glasses. I kept putting it off until I couldn't hardly see anymore. I literally picked up my glasses the morning after my dad died. (not my best idea, by the way) The sudden clarity, I assumed, was the new coke-bottle, tri-focal glasses. Turns out, it wasn't.

It is as if someone has let the air out of my life but in a good way. The tension is gone. My concentration has returned, my imagination has re-engaged. I can count on being on a schedule again.

And I can leave my doggone cell phone on the counter and not worry about it. I didn't realize what an anchor it had become.

Whew. I can breathe.

No comments: