25 September 2009

Cinematherapy

I use movies as a coping mechanism. Facebook just had one of those getting-to-know-you pass-alongs and the question was "Could you go a day without television?"

Umm, no.

I have the "luxury" of no children so television has become a companion. And it's not like I do nothing else while I'm home. I'm writing this blog, I'm writing the book, I'm reading magazines, I'm doing chores. Often all at the same time!

Meanwhile, cinematherapy is an actual thing. Here's the proof: Cinematherapy

Here are my movies:
If I can't sleep, I can put in Sabrina or You've Got Mail and I'm OUT, guaranteed.
If I am in a bad mood, Princess Bride or What About Bob?
If I need a good cry, Return to Me, Hope Floats or The Family Stone.
If I just need to get lost for awhile, Pride & Prejudice....well, any Jane Austen really.

Think about your movie collection, how would you categorize them for therapy?

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Not all movies, but DVDs I own..

If I need to laugh- Friends, any season!
If I want an action flick, Anti Trust or The Net, Get smart
Feel Good Flick-Last Holiday, Monster in Law, Hitch, 27 Dresses :)

Swistle said...

I can almost always watch Four Weddings and a Funeral, or When Harry Met Sally. I always THINK I don't want to watch My Fair Lady again, but it turns out I always DO. I've watched Ocean's Eleven a few times and I feel like I could watch it again pretty soon.