24 June 2010

Wishful Wednesday

on a Thursday. It is Thursday, right? Because if it's not: Hostages Will Be Taken.

I was reading over at Jamie's place this morning and clicked on the "More from BlogHer" links to this: "I wish I hadn't lost..." which was actually linked from this.

The reason I am telling you in this circuitous route is the blog template that the Seattle Smiths have is TEH CUTE...and so you don't think I've come up with this idea on my own.

Anyway.........gotta love the ADD...

I wish I hadn't lost....well, I really had to think about it. I don't lose stuff much. Mostly, it's electronical things: my flash drive (in a reusable grocery bag), a chapter of the unfinished novel (CD in a drawer, mislabeled) and one non-electronical: a paring knife. (in the kitchen junk drawer. I don't even know.)

But there is one thing that I've lost that I still feel all "GAH" when I think of it.

I lost it at the school. I am not sure if it fell behind something or if it fell off (unlikely) or if someone wanted it more than I did. But it's gone.

My love for this watch is unreasonable. It was the perfect watch. It was small & cute, it fit well. It sung the Mickey Mouse Club theme!

I found it online, it cost as much as it did way back in 1989 when I bought it the first time. I added it to my wishlist.

What have you lost that you wish you hadn't?

2 comments:

Daydream Believer said...

I had that same watch!! Let's see...I wish I hadn't lost my sanity. This wedding is wearing on my nerves, and so are the members of my family. This is normal, though, a week before the wedding...right??

Not Your Aunt B said...

Earrings from the Dominican Republic- lost at a friend's wedding. A necklace from my grandfather. My set of baby earrings.