30 December 2011

New Year's Meme

It’s back! The New Years Meme!   You should do it too, it’s a fun way to look back on your year.

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Workwise...so many things.  Personal life: lose.  We had the worst race season

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


Same answers as last year: I did make them and for once, I believe that I managed to at least bump into each resolution and make its acquaintance.

My resolutions for 2011:
1. Continue cooking more.
2. Continue to simplify, in every way.
3. Try to remember not to enter into melodrama of any kind. I believe Swistle referred to it as jackassery.

These resolutions worked out so well I am keeping them for 2012!!!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?


Yes, our friend Scotty whose wife gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Peyton

4. Did anyone close to you die?


Not close. A few former clients from work, old-timers from my hometown. My high school best friend’s father.

5. What countries did you visit?


"Oh Canada, our home & native land.."

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Time.

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Today.  Today was one of those rare just Kevin & Me days. Easter & Christmas with the kids. Kevin & the Little birthday party

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?


Not running screaming from my work and into the bay.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn’t get as much debt paid down this year, too many unexpected expenses

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I believe I was remarkably healthy this year!

11. What was the best thing you bought?


Plane tickets...books...my Vegas hoodie. (same as last year)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?


Barack Obama. He inherited a mess and is fixing it, all the while encouraging us to do the same.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?


The entire GOP

14. Where did most of your money go?


Same as last year: Bills, Racecar, Vegas trip. Mochas!

15. What did you get really excited about?
Christmas with the nephew & monkeys. Vegas!

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Adele - Rolling in the Deep

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

– happier or sadder? Happier, in the grand scheme of things.
– thinner or fatter? Thinner!  again!
– richer or poorer? Richer this year, surprisingly. We've been Lucky.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?


Spent time Not. At. Work.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?


Working.

20. How did you spend Christmas?


Eve - at my parents
Day - Next door, immersed in children's excitement and food

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Every day.

22. What was your favorite TV program?


I always have a difficult time choosing favorites. Castle, Big Bang Theory, Parenthood

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?


No. I'm not a hater. It's a waste of time

24. What was the best book you read?
Reading? Books? what is this that you speak of?

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Adele

26. What did you want and get?
A new-to-me truck

27. What did you want and not get?
A CPSA championship

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Watching it right now: Life As We Know It

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
43 and I went Christmas shopping

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Time.  Time at home, work not so crazy busy, time to just breathe.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?


Casual, comfortable. I actually have some color in my closet and shoes that are not sneakers

32. What kept you sane?


Mochas. Kevin.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Craig Ferguson. Hello, my naughty monkey.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?


The GOP presidential nomination

35. Who did you miss?


No one that I don't usually miss.

36. Who was the best new person you met?


My new boss.  She’s pretty cool

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.


Take one thing at a time & eventually you’ll get through

No comments: