04 January 2012

Rear View Mirror

I am not sure what disappears into the distance faster than a vacation.

I've been back at work for 6.5 hours and this, this is where I am:

(Why, yes, that is a reindeer hanging on my monitor)

Luckily for me, I had a substitute this year while on vacation so I can safely say: "It could have been worse."  Having a substitute feels like such a luxury and even better? she totally rocks. In years past, it almost wasn't worth the hassle of a vacation for all the mess I would have upon returning.

Thankfully, a lot of the above is busywork.  Filing, double-checking, and quick little tasks.  Well, other than that stack.  That stack.  Ugh.  (there's a similar stack waiting but I didn't have the heart to include it in the picture)

But it's not all bad.  It's been a peaceful day, which is rare in social services.  Kevin wants Taco Time for dinner (I know!) and it does feel good to be back on a schedule.

And, I have Martin Luther King Jr. Day off in a week & a half.

It's fun to post a picture of my desk!  What's yours look like?  C'mon, play along!

No comments: