02 July 2012

Sneaker Shopping in Reals

I got the approval to buy new shoes and be rid of the hiking boots today.  I had to go to the mall...sigh...on the Canadian long weekend.  Fortunately for me, no one was out shopping yet.

First off, shout-out to the cool girl at Famous Footwear.  She was So helpful in finding shoes.  She brought me about six pairs of shoes from all genders and ages. 

I started the conversation with my difficulty in finding high tops for someone other than eight year old girls and Victoria Beckham.  In fact, I showed her the pictures of the blog and she kept exclaiming in dismay as she scrolled through the pictures.

Fun fact: if you need high top sneakers, apparently they can also be called skater shoes.  Otherwise you get clunky basketball shoes or Chuck Taylors.  I kind of resigned myself to either having clunky men shoes or funky skater shoes.  I decided to try to keep an open mind.

These are the first ones but they didn't have my size. I was disappointed because I actually didn't hate the pink.

image from google images


Then she brought me these and at first I was all ummm, no.  But then I kind of loved them.  Again...not in my size.  Wistful sigh.  I will say that Rob Dyrdek is one of my favorite celebrities and I got a kick out of possibly buying some of his shoes.  I will also mention that while they didn't quite fit, they were comfortable.

image from google images


Finally we landed on these.  I'm not usually a fan of all black sneakers but these are canvas and still kind of skater shoes-ish. I wore them with black Dockers and looked all hipster today.


image from google images



After almost two weeks of clomping around like a disabled Clydesdale, I am so excited to announce that I can actually walk.  I wore them out of the store, out of the mall, and to work.  Such a freaking improvement.  And I don't look like a third grader.

No comments: