17 April 2012

What Have We Learned...?

Well, to state the obvious: breaking bones suck.  I've never done it before and when I did, woooboy, I did it big.  Two broken bones, a crack, and a dislocation.  Yea me.

Bellingham Fire Dept does not hire ugly guys.  Also, they're very funny.

Dansko's are wonderful shoes. However, the clog style is not for me.

You cannot give your expensive shoes to lovely xray techs.  It's against the rules.

Epidurals are wonderful...right until they wear off with no warning.

I still can't decide if a funny anesthesiologist is a good or bad thing.

I can't take the ortho surgeon's name seriously: Dr. Holstein

Nurses are gifts from God.

Kevin makes me laugh in the most horrible moments and I love him more for it. (picture getting your ankle relocated & casted)

Do whatever the nurses say and your life goes much easier.  This seems like a no-brainer but it's not.

Ask questions.  They like it when you show an interest in making things go smoother.

Don't try to help.  Helping actually hinders.  Hi, my name is Surely and I am a Helper.

Pain meds make me go in slow motion, which I suspect is actually just regular motion.

I am a Tyrannosaurus Rex. I have not great upper body strength so I'm using a wheelchair instead of a walker.

Take your meds. Don't try to be a hero.

I am a deadline oriented person.  "How many minutes until the meds kick in?"  "How much longer will this anesthetic last?"  "When do I get a big girl cast?"  Timelines comfort me.

Be careful what you wish for. I wished for life to slow down and the universe pushed me down the stairs.

My friends and coworkers are swell. They, too, fall into the category of Kevin of making me laugh in awful moments.  And filling my belly with yummy snackety goodness.

I'm sure there are more things we have learned but the pain meds are beginning to make me a little floopy so back to the recliner & remote for me.

I hope you are having a wonderful week, poppets.  Don't worry about me.  I'm fine.  I'm a Weeble, you can't knock me down.  Well, that's not true now, is it?

See? I told you: pain meds.

1 comment:

creative kerfuffle said...

hey sweetness! when i saw that pic i cringed! gah--i hope you are doing ok. what color big girl cast are you gonna get?