04 July 2013

Emotions Processed via Fireworks

Last night was the 50th anniversary of having the fireworks show at my parents house.  Unbeknowst to anyone, my niece bought a balloon to send up in memory of her grandpa.

It this picture is my eldest brother on the left and little brother behind it on the left.

Sentimentality is not big in this family but this was a beautiful moment.  Well done, young one, well done.

The Fire Department also sent a letter to the family honoring my dad. No one was able to read it without coming away teary.


This is the fourth fireworks celebration without our dad.  This one felt more real for some reason and we don't know why.  I'm guessing it's that our emotions have settled, everything has to returned to normal, so the loss is more obvious.



No comments: