15 December 2020

Wakey Wakey

 It's 7:30 in the morning right now. 7:30. In the A.M.  The morning.  Not the P.M. There are TWO 7:30's in a day, who knew?

When I woke up this morning to send Kevin off to work, my brain suddenly fully booted, updated, and was all "Hey, let's be UP."  I'm all "No, man.  No thanks.  It's 5:30 in the morning."

But my brain was all circus music and jazz hands.  "Let's be UP. We have Things to Do."

But I'm still all "Hard Pass"

And my brain was all "Gmorning! Chachacha. Let's do STUFF"

I made a deal with my brain.  I stay up this morning with the promise of a nap later.  Naps are good.

And so now, it's 7:30 in the morning.  I've already showered, had coffee, wrote a few Christmas cards, Snapchatted my BFF, and watched an episode of NCIS.  What.Is.Happening.

Now there's the requisite Hallmark Christmas Movie playing, I've woken up the house, and made a few lists. Of course I made lists. It's like you don't know me at all.

I have to go into town today because Lucy insists on having food to eat every day. So needy.  I have to actually mail the Christmas cards or this is all for naught.  I'm supposed to take recycling but I'm weighing whether or not it can wait for Friday Walkies. I do want/need my glass breaking therapy though.  So, let's put that aside for now.  

Because Santa, I have to go into a store today.  Finally the family decided what Christmas is going to be.  We're getting presents for the kids, our spouses and one family member.  I'm done with the spouse and the one family member (Allie Brosh's new book) but not the kids. 

I'm doing a giftcard/subscription, t-shirt, and junk food giftbox for the big kids.  I'm getting actual toys for Five.  He requested "The Spongebob that I can tell to do things and he does them"  Once I finish my online engineering degree, that should be easy.  I also have to get a present and birthday present for my other nephew.  And mail it.  Challenge Level 1,000.

So, briskly rubbing my hands together.  I am on coffee #2 and thinking about getting coffee when I'm in town.  The movie is almost done and I can't find my stamps.  Because of course I can't.  I believe they are in my truck.  But I don't want to go look. I don't want to alert the parents this early in the morning or disturb Lucy from her early morning nap.  Maybe I'll just buy new ones.  

The house is finally satisfactorily frocked.  I wrapped Christmas lights around my desk and spent $cough on more beaded garlands.  I'm now looking for a Santa that isn't sparkly, not cloth, not wooden nor metal, that is about 6" high.  Then the house will be perfect. *shaking my head*  Also, don't search "vintage Christmas decorations" unless you want to run the gamut of human emotions.

And now...work has texted me.  Oh yeah, work.  I have to work too.  I have seven days left until Winter Break, which feels particularly ridiculous.  But it still requires my attention.  Sigh.  Time to move from the dining table to my office. *Pout*

Eight hours until nap.  Or whenever this alphabet brain realizes how early it made me start the day.


1 comment:

Swistle said...

I can't remember if you and I have already discussed this---but my new house, which is 200 years old, looks AMAZING in those retro 1970s big-bulb (like, nightlight-bulb-sized) Christmas lights, while those same lights never looked right in our previous house, which was built in 1959/1960. I would have thought it would be the other way around: that the 1959/1960 house would look exactly right with retro lights, but the old house would need CLASSY, maybe all-white lights or something, and real greenery. BUT NO.