01 September 2021

Sick and Tired of Talking About This - An Update

 I'm pissy about the whole Covid thing still.  I'm avoiding social media on the whole until I-don't-know-when.  When the pissyness subsides, which is going to be a while, I suspect.  I post Lucy photos, instagram photos, and look at my notifications. That's been it for about, at least, a week.  No scrolling.

Because it never fails if I scroll, I see bullsh*t like support for the governor of texas and comments like "The medical industry is probably profiting off of mask sales."  Or the "My body, my choice" for vaccines but not women's health.  I'm just saying you could help save untold lives versus a handful so...sigh.

So then, I went to go look at someone's page because it's their birthday today.   After doing that,  suddenly I just started unfollowing or snoozing people. Hiding topics. Hitting "Hide posts like these" I think that when I finish, I will have like five people on my page.  And that's okay.

Then I started hiding ads.  I hate the pop up that asks why.  "Because" should be the only reason, which is more reasonable than what pops in my head every time it appears.  Because in my head lives a surly teenager.

Then I went down the buzzfeed quiz wormhole.  One says I'm 48 years old, which is close.  Another said that my first initial would be either E,L,R,S or W depending on my food choices.  Well, it's right if it uses my psuedonym.  Another one predicted that I was a teenager based on the apps I use.

Anyway, off topic, Big surprise.

I went to the chiropractor today because I was super, extra overdue due to quarantine, etc.  After adjusting all the joints in my body, he mentions he's never seen me this bad.  "What happened?" he wondered.  "AIR MATTRESS.  For a WEEK."  I replied.  He kind of cringed/laughed.  "That will do it." he nodded.

He asked how Kevin was doing and I gave him the update, noting to him that my report would be different than Kevin's.  Because Kevin is at the point where he wants to feel 100% and stop talking about it.  I remember this from when he was really sick.  He got to a point where he'd almost get teary, he was so frustrated and tired of being sick and tired and having to answer people's (well meaning) questions.

His perception of when he was sick has become different than mine.  When his mom had her vaccines, she slept for four days then remembered nothing.  She will tell you right now that she had zero reaction to the immunization.  Now we have Kevin who seems to have a skewed timeline as well.  It's very odd; as if amnesia is a symptom.  

So, this is where I say that his Graves Disease symptoms have returned.  SUPER.  I was helping him with something yesterday and noticed his hand has a tremor again.  I haven't seen that in years.  He's moody. He's not hungry so I'm back to buying complete crap food to get him to eat.  He had lost only about five pounds while actually sick but I suspect that he's lost a few more.

Yeah.  Covid's "just a cold"  He's "fine".  He still has a cough and still can't smell.

And I wavered over this sentence but I'm going to go with it:  Until you have had the "You know what to do if this goes sideways" conversation while waiting for a doctor's appointment, you get to pipe down with "But you're fine."  

Now in a zippy twist that I saw coming, yet was still surprised when I heard: one of my family members tested positive for Covid.  That's all I know, because I haven't heard from my family.  Looking at their social media pages, it appears that it has changed NOTHING.  

The only reason that we know of this is because a mutual friend let us know.  So, super.  I feel okay with my not reaching out to my mother. Although, I am starting to feel like the principal in The Breakfast Club:

At this rate, it will be 2022 at the earliest






No comments: