28 October 2021

Dumb Injury Olympics

 Okay so you would think that dislocating my pinky finger because I accidentally punched Kevin while getting into bed was a dumb injury.  That would be a fair think.

Or that Lucy somehow heard the command "Okay" to jump down out of the truck when I didn't say it; thusly slamming my hand in the truck door.  That's not necessarily dumb but one that people who knows me in real think "Yeah, that plays."

And that these have happened within a week of each other.  There's that part.  But things come in threes for me.

I present Dumb INjury #3

Remember when Lucy head-butted me a few months ago?  Like, the original dumb injury; getting your nose broken by your dog.

Well, I reset it and thought everything was fine, except for a bruise that wouldn't quite go away along my nose.  

Sunday I had a headache. I attributed it to my eyes being tired, too much screen time, dehydration. Whatever.

Then Monday it ramped up to a migraine.  A vision migraine so no screens and dark rooms.  Again, chalked it up to being tired, too much screen time.  I can only think of one other times I've had a migraine and it was years ago.  

Tuesday it continued, which feels like it shouldn't be.  Nothing had put a dent in it.  Not anti-histimine, no pain reliever, not hot shower and compress, naps. Nothing.  I even wore glasses with an old prescription to try to relieve any eye strain.  It sort of worked, until it didn't.  

I know it's not one of the two possible scary type headaches. I had just been to the chiropractor so it wasn't that.  I am due for an eye exam and a surgery because I have cataracts.  So, I thought "Oh, you so funny universe, getting me to make the appointment by debilitating me."  So I made the appointment but it's not until next week.

Now I'm laying in bed and getting angry because I don't do sickness well.  As I've mentioned multiple times before I get my appropriate emotional responses often wrong.  

Poutingly, I consulted the interwebs.  Now, I'm not Suzy Hypochondria, quite the opposite. I am Suzy Walk It Off.   Also, from all the health issues this family has had, I know to only use the Mayo Clinic website.  This is what I found:

What, pray tell, is a sex headache?
I did not click it.

And then there was this.  This is where I had my A Ha moment.



Sinusitis. Huh. It is exactly like that.  But...I'm not sick. I don't have a temp.  No runny nose, no color in my snot.  So then I consulted the doctor online and she asks "Have you had any recent trauma?"

Umm, you mean, like, maybe getting headbutted by your dog and breaking your nose?  Like, that kind of trauma?  Well, then yes.

I have a sinus blockage from when Lucy broke my nose. Because OF COURSE I DO.

Out came the saline rinse and I spent the next twenty minutes hosing out my sinuses.  The relief was almost instant.  I had to do the same thing yesterday and I was better.  I fully expected to be all better today and I wasn't.  So, I still think that my eyes are a thing... 

In addition to getting head butted by a dog.



No comments: