12 November 2021

Everything's Fine...

 So, how's it going? you might be wondering.

Well, today I got soaking wet twice.  Once was walkies with Lucy in the rain. I had planned for the rain but the trail was flooded so my sneakers were too.  I had an extra hoodie and was going to change in the truck at the trailhead. But there was a county worker filling puddles with gravel so no peep show for him.  Kevin was horrified "You're wearing a t-shirt underneath, right?"  Umm, no and do you even live with me?   The second time was unloading groceries, the rest of my work office, and all of Lucy's stuff out of the truck while my phone kept notifying me that work needed me.

Yesterday my mother-in-law phoned to let me know that the oil I used in baking my father-in-law's birthday brownies had gone bad.  Actually she said "rancid".  So, that's nice.

It's been non-stop raining and while I don't usually mind it, someone I live with does and has no problem telling me at every opportunity.  He gets a bit of a pass because he works outside but dude, I KNOW IT'S RAINING.  I have windows and skin. The obvious solution is to move but it seems cruel to evict his parents.  (JOKING)  Also, the roof has a small leak.  Lolsigh.

One of my favorite stations on Sirius/XM keeps playing live versions and there are few things that I hate more than live albums/songs.  (super extra first world privilege problem there, I realize)  It just ruins my life in little three-minute increments.

The blender I had to buy - because mine is next door - remains sitting on the counter because I just can't motivate myself to learn how to make a smoothie. Yes, it's not that difficult. Yes, I have all the ingredients. Yes, I am pouting.  Oh, also, I didn't pay attention (surprise!) when I ordered it and it's black. I'm not a fan of black or stainless appliances and everything in the kitchen is white.  It's clearly a symbolism of how things are going.

My engagement ring broke because why not.  I returned to my old/new jeweler in my old work city and he can repair it. Two weeks and $200.  

I know 2021 has been challenging for everyone. In any case, I am not special. I realize that mercury is probably in refrigerator or in gatorade.  (I don't know why that makes me laugh so. Mercury is in Retrograde) It will be better soon. Soonish. Eventually. Probably.

Meanwhile, my work communicates fluently in memes and this is the last one I used, which is really a perfect ending for this post:



1 comment:

Swistle said...

I hate live versions, too. I think they must be cheaper to play, because the Alexa will default to some of them. We have to go through the app to tell her to please play the one EVERYONE PREFERS AND SHE KNOWS IT

The blender being black appeals to the same part of me that likes my "NOPE" mug. I feel like with a black blender you can make some really good Resentment Smoothies. Also, I wish we were local because I would come over and make you some smoothies and you could watch. Once I got going with the smoothie formula, I found it a little fun; it's kind of like making soup, in the "just throw stuff in" way. And if a smoothie turns out kind of mediocre, you can just drink it really fast and get it over with.

One smoothie tip: freeze lumps (like, a tablespoon each) of canned pumpkin on a parchment-covered cookie sheet, then put the lumps in a container in the freezer. One lump in a smoothie is a TON of yellow/orange vegetable vitamin A, but doesn't make the smoothie taste like pumpkin.

Another smoothie tip: SPINACH/KALE. I buy them frozen because the fresh goes bad before I can use it. Put a lump of that good green stuff into a smoothie. It makes the smoothie UGLY, but it doesn't taste like spinach/kale.