25 November 2021

Smoothies and Snoopy

 Apparently when I receive bad news, I become a pouting teenager.  

I've done the bare minimum both here at home and at work.  I pouted on the couch for a few days.  I splurged on needless purchases.  I've since mostly bounced back but I'm not Full Strength Surely just yet.

One of the joys of having an alphabet brain AND being married to someone with an alphabet brain, is that I can let things slide, house-wise and no one notices.  Working from home makes slacking a little easier. And I can also say that I'm taking a "vision break" and everything is excused. lol.  The pouting was not enough to be worrisome.

The splurging was minimal, as well but not something I'd usually do.  I bought two antique chairs so that I have a set of four chairs for the dining table.  I had plans to buy something used and refurbish them but then found two on the fbook marketplace that I couldn't resist.  It was more than I planned to spend but still not a lot.  Less than what new chairs would have cost.

The seat was hand embroidered by the owner's grandmother


This is perfect for my orange master closet
but it's almost a shame to keep it behind a door.

I went to the big box book store because I needed to do something soothing.  A second-hand store wasn't a choice because Covid is still rampant in the county where it is located.  For the first time ever, I didn't buy a book.  What did I buy?  

Cozy Snoopy blanket & Christmas cards that I don't need

Because Snoopy helps when you're in the dark twisty place.  Prove me wrong.

Update on the Whole Thing: 

I'm working on the smoothies thing.  It's been an experiment for sure.  Kevin, so far, is not a fan.  I've asked Swistle and our friends at the coffee stand for advice. I've increased the amount of salads I've eaten, which isn't terrible but also isn't terribly fun. It's difficult to not add things into the salad for taste that makes it No Longer A Salad though. I made it about a week before I started missing treats but that is to be expected.  I've landed on a during the day system like a charcuterie; with vegetables, crackers, and cheese or peanut butter.

The changes in our eating is a little defeating because we've already made those suggested changes when Kevin got sick.  The challenge now is You can have protein, but not Too Much Protein.  You can have eggs (which I'm allergic to) but not Too Much Eggs.  Rinse and repeat for dairy.  The suggest diet is the Mediterranean diet, which is everything Kevin won't eat.  

The medicine part of it is easy other than taking pills of varying sizes of tiny to huge.  I'm adding some St. Johns Wort into the mix next week.  I've tried it before and didn't enjoy how it made my brain feel all *spangly* but I'll try a little harder this time.

I've ordered another pair of reading glasses, which is ridiculous when it's all going to change in three months but I need another pair.  Which also frustrates me to no end.  I guess all of this will make me extra grateful after the surgeries.  Then I will donate all of my glasses to the Lion's Club for anyone who needs to be able to see the surface of the moon.

Usually I would begin a big project in this kind of situation but I'm kind of out of projects.  My project has been just staying on a schedule.  Lucy insists on that so I understand extra why people suggest having a dog.

That being said, I'm mulling a new color for the mudroom.  I'm leaning toward a Tuscany shade of yellow that I have always liked.  Mulling and action are pretty far apart right now though.

  



No comments: