01 November 2021

Sing Along Songs Part 2

Still a little headachy so I'm just going to continue this musical journey.

I think I forgot to mention that playlists are so subjective. For me, this is mostly an up-tempo playlist using many of my favorite songs.  Although once I hit a threshold of skipping the song multiple times, I delete it from the list.  Example: Justin Timberlake.  It's just been played SO MUCH everywhere that I'm over it.

I mentioned that I'll get songs from the ticktock and  television.  I use the shazam app then add it to my music app on my phone.  The other resource would be Road Trip Radio on Sirius/XM because it makes these lists seem normal and orderly.  The point being is please, don't think "Oh she's got such eclectic taste."  No, I choose music randomly based on how it makes me feel while being home all day, every day with the radio playing.  If I find myself singing it or worse: dancing, then I add it to the list.

Also, I had the realization that the teenaged me would be horrified at the inclusion of country and dance music and the lack of hair bands on this list. I have realized just how much I like a lot of the New Wave and Punk in the 80's however.

If this isn't enough, I've made a playlist page on the pinterest with the intention of returning and building playlists based from them.  And that's...tsk...adorable.  I will screenshot lists when someone has a favorite song debate/discussion on the twitter.  Someday I'll look at them again.

Meanwhile, play these with the volume up and using earbuds/headphones. I guarantee it will lift your spirts.  Well, unless you hate the song then it won't.

Coldplay- Up & Up

AC/DC - You Shook Me

New Radicals - You Get What You Give

Blondie - Heart of Glass

Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun

Madonna - Music

Train - Bruises 

Big Audio Dynamite - Rush

Imagine Dragons - Follow You  

Kongos - Come With Me Now

Erasure - A Little Respect

The Wild Feathers - Big Sky

Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel of Love

Ellie Golding - Burn -   This one is on the cusp of being deleted

Panic at the Disco - I Write Sins Not Tragedies

Florence & The Machine - Shake It Out

Tom Petty - Don't Come Around Here  One of my theme songs during the divorcing satan era

Heathens - Twenty One Pilots  (upon hearing this the first time, I was all "Is...is that...do I hear a frog?"

Logan Mize - Better Off Gone

Eagles - Seven Bridges Road  The only live song on my list because I hate live recordings. There's a story behind it.

Pearl Jam - Last Kiss

Eric Strickland & the B Sides - I'm Bad for You  (super country & not my taste but I love it so)

Hugh Jackman - The Greatest Show

Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe

And this one will surprise NO ONE:   Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated

1 comment:

Swistle said...

Favorite part: "If I find myself singing it or worse: dancing..."