04 January 2023

Watch This Space

 So, I was thinking...

(people who know me in reals just groaned)

One of my resolutions is consistently "Write more" and sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail.  Often, the failures have been out of my control.  Work, family stuff, alphabet brain, etc.  

This morning as I was waiting for something to process while working, I spotted something cute on the interwebs and thought "I can put that on the bloggity".   It's nothing big, just a little something that will post each month and I don't have to think about it again.

Then, I was all "There are HOLIDAYS.  Those are monthly..." so I'll be adding little tidbits on the holidays too.  

AND THEN, I thought: not everyone has the instagram.  I have been working on a Best of 2022 roll for another platform.  Well, there is nothing stopping me from doing that here as well.  Everyone likes something pretty to look at.  

This is a tiny bit of "cheating" because it's not necessarily WRITING but the sub-goal of the resolution was to work harder on the bloggity, which this will fulfill AND hopefully spark more writing.

I'm also going to just throw up unfinished drafts from time to time just to save them from draft purgatory.  Some of them are fully written, they just didn't feel relevant anymore. Some of them are truly drafts and are just word salad streams of consciousness.  Some of them might just be an opening sentence.

With the current dumpster fire that is the blue bird site, people are looking for other alternatives.  I've read twice that the blogosphere will likely see a resurgence as writers return to the vintage internet ways.  I liked this idea and here we are, putting it into action.

Finally, just before the holidays, I received small stipends for writing this bloggity.  The numbers aren't big or anything to write home about (ha!)  But just receiving a check in the mail For Writing is exciting and fulfilling.  Especially for the silliness that is sometimes posted here.

I didn't want to just mobile-deposit them into my account without any fanfare so I set them aside and thought about it.  Today I opened another savings account at the credit union and deposited them in there.  Now they're be there in perpetuity, earning the tiniest bit of interest and not just mixed in with coffee orders and bills.

BUT WAIT, there's more:  I'm also setting up an auto-transfer of an equal tiny amount to that account each week. The goal/intent is to "pay" myself for writing each week.  In my head, this means I have to write something each week to earn my pay.

So, there we go.  Watch this space for some new posts and styles of posts.  I hope you enjoy them.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!! I'm more of a reader (words) than a viewer (pictures) for entertainment. I love word salad, throw it in the blog and let's eat it! (If you want to of course.)