11 March 2023

Five Little Aliens Jumping on the Bed

 Okay, so.  Only two family members have heard these stories and it just happens to be me and Nephew.

The topic came up the other day when Nephew asked if there were any diaries because he was curious about "the alien story."  I told him that I had only found one journal but didn't look at it.  Also, it was a newer one not a childhood one and that I would keep an eye out for anything else.

Now Kevin thinks we're both crazy.  He wouldn't be surprised per se but he's skeptical.  

The other day there was a break in all the craziness and I went downstairs to visit. (next door has become downstairs for those of you following along)  She was napping but my sister-in-law said to wake her up.  They're trying to get her clock turned back around because she's been up a little a night and that's not safe for anyone. 

ANYWAY.

I started with "I'm going to ask you a question and see if you remember what I'm talking about."  She put up an okay sign and nodded.  "Do you remember the story you told me years ago about being abducted by aliens?  You told Nephew about it too."

At first she looked puzzled and shook her head.  Not to be thwarted, I tried again.  "You said you were in your bedroom at the farm house..."

Then she says...hand to god..."Oh, I wasn't ABDUCTED. They just came to VISIT."

Okay, then. My bad.  lol

She speaks too quietly to record and she would haunt me for all my days if I videoed her.  I took out my phone and opened the notes app, even though I knew I was probably not going to forget any of this.

I asked "How did they appear or get in the house?"

"Well, I was in my bedroom, at night, and the window was open but just a little because..."  She was a fearful child, which makes this even more insane.  "They came through the window and jumped on my bed, around me."

"So, they opened the window? Or how did they get in?"

She gestured with a sweep of her hand, "They made themselves smaller and swooped right under the window."

"What did they look like?  Like Alien aliens or...?"

"Oh no, they were small.  Not very big"

"but what did they LOOK like?"

"Well, small. They looked like small people." She thought about it for a moment then continued  "Like dwarves. They were about this high" and she gestured about a foot in height.

(did you laugh? because it took EVERYTHING in me not to react)

"What did they say?  Did they say anything to you or just, like, hang out?"

"They said that they weren't here to hurt me, just to visit.  Then they just played on the bed and jumped around." and she bounced her hands around the blankets.  "I wasn't scared at all and normally I would have been."

"You didn't go with them anywhere?  Or they didn't ask?"

"No, they just played then they left just as they came."

"They just visited that one time then?"

"Oh no, they came a few times.  It got to where I looked forward to it. Then they stopped" and she was a little sad.

"Did anyone ELSE see them?"  (she shared a bedroom with a sister and there were two other sisters and a brother in other rooms)

"Oh, yes, my mom saw them too. But not in my bedroom."

This is new information so now I had to know more.  "Where did your mom see them?"  

"At the farmhouse but also at the cabin."

New information again. "What cabin? I don't think you've told us about that."

She told me about a cabin in the mountains down near one of the homesteads, two counties away. Rural now and more isolated then, for sure.

"My dad always teased Mom and me about the aliens. He didn't believe at all.  Then he saw them at the cabin and he never said A Word about it ever again."

(her dad = notorious assh*le. Hated by most of his children)

"What did they see that changed his mind?"

"They were walking in the woods, by the powerlines, and they swooped down and around them then went away.  He never mentioned them or teased us again."

Then she grew tired of talking about that so I changed the subject to GHOSTS.

But that will be a different post.


1 comment:

Swistle said...

This post is A GIFT TO HUMANKIND