25 February 2022

Purple Rain

 Quick update because universe knows I'm tired of talking about it.  I imagine all y'all are tired of hearing about it. lol.  Kevin has stopped asking completely and I can't blame him for one second.

Currently, there is two inches of snow and ice outside.  Because we live in the woods and tucked into a mountain, it feels like it will be there until July.  All around us is sunny and thawed and then there's us. Winter Wonderland.

So, the white is purple thing is still a thing so it's funny to look out at the snow and see purple.  I tried to color edit a photo to show what I see but I can't get it right.  I don't know how long it's going to take my alphabet brain to figure this out but in the meanwhile, color me entertained.  (get it? lolsigh)

I am currently between two pairs of glasses. I can start the day with one pair and end the day with another pair. (lesser prescription in the latter) I have twenty three days more of this until I order new glasses.  

I need sunglasses outside no matter what or that cool strobe light thing happens.  It's on my list of Questions to Ask at my next appointment.

I no longer want to scratch my eyes in the morning.  Also, fun fact: if you pretend you're scratching your eyes, the brain will often comply as if you have. It might just be my brain but here we are.

Bonus: I can see first thing in the morning instead of waking up with the jolting thought that I've gone blind overnight.  Because that is SUPER FUN, let me tell you.  Also not being a nocturnal pirate is highly recommended.

One of the writers I follow on the social media mentioned that they were just diagnosed with cataracts at the same age I was.  They are super excited about getting the surgery and no glasses, etc. and I'm all "Do I just post a link to the bloggity?"  I demurred and will just follow along with her posts.  Her experience may not be mine, fingers crossed.

Oh, and double-vision is gone.  I have never ever had double-vision because of my eye situation and after the second surgery, totally had it.  Do not recommend, zero stars.  But this then made me wonder if I can now see those dumb 3-D, hidden image posters that were all the rage years ago.

Computer still has the darkening screens on the monitors and my phone is set to dark mode.  The only app that (I use) doesn't have dark mode is the snap one.  I tried to use my laptop the other day and that was not a happy experience.  I've added a darkening screen for it to my list. (link here, in case you're wondering what I'm talking about)

I've been able to work two normal work days, with vision breaks in between.  My eyes are sandpaper at the end but I can see improvement each day.  (I'm getting really good at vision puns)  Some, if not most, of this will be alleviated by correct glasses.  In the meanwhile, I'm back in my childhood with having regular drops in my eyes and a nap in the afternoon.  

I'm finally able to read again so that's the happiest of all the things. Sadly, the book that I wanted to finish had an unsatisfying ending so when I put it down, I actually said aloud to no one "I waited this long for THAT."

Last weekend, Kevin and I were playing the Dodge game (slug bug) and he mentioned that I had gotten a few before him...or to quote him "You're not sucking at this game today"  I did a little happy dance in my seat and exclaimed "Because I can see!"  It might not be correct color but I will take it.

Hopefully this will be the last update on this adventure.  Also, I have another doozy of a raising parents story to tell.  

1 comment:

Swistle said...

It is very funny to imagine you trying to tint a snow photo to the right shade of purple. I am picturing you showing it to Kevin, and Kevin saying, "Nope, it's still white."