21 August 2008

Cooking Irony

No, I haven't accidentally created some masterpiece in the kitchen using random ingredients. Although, that's always entirely possible...

Today I am reminded that God has a sense of humor and he shows it in strange ways.

After my one-paragraph rant about hating cooking the other day, whom do I meet?

Graham Kerr

(world famous chef, author, had his own television show)

It was a completely random encounter. I was at the chiropractor this morning...wait, there's more to the story here...

LAST THURSDAY...I went to the chiropractor for no apparent reason. I had the date wrong and not only that, the office was closed. Well done me.

This morning as I checked in, I made a self-deprecating joke about being here on the correct day and how I was a Complete Dork last week.

As I walk over to sit down to wait, a tiny English woman says "I've never met a complete dork before. I've only been a dork. It's my pleasure." She stuck her hand out to shake mine.
Laughing, yet nonplussed, I shook her hand. I went to withdraw and she held it for a second, making further jokes and introductions. "My name is Trina and this is Graham."

We chatted for a minute and I was called back. Imagine my chagrin when I learn who these lovely people were! Here I had just ranted about his livelyhood a scant few days previous and here they sit. I felt like I should apologize!

Funny how people fall into our pathways, isn't it?

1 comment:

Not Your Aunt B said...

How funny! Maybe you should make fun of making movies and you'll run into some hot actor.