12 August 2008

Bleeding Love

Swistle mentioned this song the other day and I've been meaning to comment on the song ever since!

It is, quite possible, the perfect song. I like it, MG likes it, you can listen to it multiple times without wanting to gauge your eye out with whatever sharp object you can reach...

But what fascinates me is this:

Imagine the song sung by Evanessence...totally dramatic, emo-ish. Probably would love it.
or
Sung by Avril Lavinge (or Alanis Morrissette)...angry girl version...Probably would love it.
or
Sung by James Blunt...Probably would love it but would definitely be at risk for Air Supply level of "Making a happy man cry."
or
choose just about any genre/singer and the song changes but still could be a great song.

Except for Country. I am not sure that a country artist could pull it off. Hmm. Must think on that further...

If you look at my CD collection or the settings on my SIRIUS, you will see that I am very schizophrenic about music.. Elvis, Sinatra, Maroon 5, Kid Rock, Alan Jackson, AC/DC, James Blunt, Dixie Chicks, Eminem (ooh, Eminem might be able to do a version of Bleeding Love...)


Brad Paisley...wistful sigh...could he be any cuter? His new video is "Waiting on a Woman" and the ending will make you cry...this has nothing to do with anything, btw....

And how much do I love that conservative Country is playing Kid Rock? A LOT.

Leona Lewis won the England American Idol...I'm sure that's not the name of it but you get the idea...and while I'm still waiting to hear her do some other songs, it is another good example of how American Idol can work, despite its critics. Daughtry, for heavens sake. Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood!!! My new favorite is Jordin Sparks. "No Air" or "Tattoo".

However, there are misses too: Clay Aiken was over-rated, WTF with Fantasia, and don't get me started on Jennifer Hudson. (didn't like her on the show, like her less now and the media acts as if she is the next Diana Ross. She had ONE MOVIE ROLE, ONE!)

Sigh..........can you tell I don't have one single, cohesive thought to post today? Well, yeah. That's how it goes some days.

1 comment:

Swistle said...

You're totally right!! I would love to hear that song covered by a bunch of different people! I think what I like about it is that it's really sad, but the song still feels kind of upbeat.