09 December 2008

Random Item - Christmas Edition

It doesn't feel like Christmas until I dig Santa out of storage. (I originally wrote "take Santa out of the closet" but there was entirely too many puns so I changed it.)

This light-up Santa is probably older than I am. I am not sure where he came from...my guess is Avon or Montgomery Ward...but he's always been a presence at Christmas. He usually sat on the kitchen counter at my parents house, next to the window.

We used to have a light-up ghost at Halloween too but I don't know whatever happened to him. It's a pity really, because I'd love to have him now.

Santa is a little worn. You can see the scratches on his left arm. I've been tempted to color them in with a red colored sharpie but then it wouldn't be the same. Christmas just wouldn't be the same for me without him. I may not put many more decorations out...more on that later...but I have Santa on the counter. He's all I need.

1 comment:

Not Your Aunt B said...

I love it, especially since you have childhood memories of it. I don't have any Christmas things from my childhood...or better said not any that I would actually want to display. He's a keeper!