29 November 2005

Snow Day!

Snow days!

It snowed last night. One of the best phenomena’s that can happen, in my humble opinion.
I live on the north coast of the United States; snow here is an EVENT.

What is better than going to bed in a regular world and waking up in a real-life snowglobe?
Everything’s beautiful, everything's quiet. Kids are excited, dogs are excited. *I* am excited.

Granted, I have the "luxury" of four-wheel drive. But I also have a nasty 25-minute commute that is mostly rural. However, if I have to go to work, I start late, take the backroads, and PLAY.

How often does an adult get to do that, really just play?
I turn the radio and the heat up and I play. I spin the tires, I go slowly. I stop if something is beautiful and needs to be photographed. I take my time.
Who cares if you get to work late? The world is not going to end.
If you are scared to drive, stay home. Please!

Look out the window. Don't you remember doing that as a kid? Watching the snow fall and fall. It seemed like it was never going to stop.

Build a tiny snowman!
Watch Christmas movies and wrap presents.
Call your friends & family...they're probably home too!

What's better than a snow day? An unscheduled day off to just hang out at home and do nothing or go no-where.

It's God's way of telling everyone to Slow Down.

It is supposed to snow tomorrow night too. I can hardly wait!


(for D... who calls the snow, and I directly quote: wintery plague....white curse...powdery prison...the drifts of hell that threaten my very sanity, the downy icy death that is my true abyss, flakes from the truest form of evil, filthy pureness washing the world in it's white blood )

No comments: